SMOK X-Priv 225W MOD + TFV12-P Tank Kit
Use 2x18650 (Batteries not included)
The Smok's X-Priv Kit consists of the new X-Priv Mod with its 225W of power and large, crispy 2" High-Definition colour screen, as well as the TFV12-P tank.
If you are familiar with the Priv Mod's from Smok, you will immediately notice the compact size and the large screen, as well at the powerful performance of the TFV12-P tank.
- The X-Priv:
- Large and bright 2" High-Definition colour screen.
- 1-225 Watt / TC: 100°-315°C (200°-600°F)
- Choose from kanthal, nickel, titanium or stainless steel-mode.
- Uses two 18650 flat top battery of at least 30Amp. (Sold separately).
- Size: 88mm x 46.5mm x 30.4mm.
- The TFV12-P:
- Material: Stainless steel with a pyrex glass tank tube.
- AFC at the bottom of the tank.
- Juice capacity: approx. 2 ml.
- Easy top-fill.
- Diameter 24.5mm.
The Fire button is similar to other Priv Mods: The nice big side fire button, that have exactly the right amount of resistance. A tactile delight!
The menu on is easy to operate and the two 18650 batteries will give you a nice, long vape-time even if you are puffing away at 100+ Watts.
- Quality construction of Steel and Stainless Steel.
- Spring loaded gold plated 510 connection.
- Large and bright 2" colour screen.
- Uses two 18650 flat top batteries (not included). Smok recommends 30Amp or more.
- Micro-USB port used for charging batteries in the Mod and for updating the Firmware.
- Min/max Ohm when using normal kanthal coil from 0.1 - 2.5 Ohm.
- Min/max Ohm when using Ni200 Nickel, Ti Titanium or SS Stainless steel coil "Temperature control” from 0.05 - 2.0 Ohm.
- Variable Wattage from 1W - 225W.
- Power adjustment in Watt or Fahrenheit/Celsius mode.
- Temperature: 100°C - 315°C / 200°F - 600°F.
- Adjust the heat co-efficient of your coil wire for maximum control of your vape.
- 5 click to turn X-Priv On.
- 3 click to lock the Mod.
- 5 click to access the menu.
- Reversed pole protection.
- Short circuit protection.
- Low resistance/ohm protection.
- High/Low Voltage protection.
- Overheating protection.
- Size: 88m x 46.5mm x 30.4mm.
- Material: Stainless steel.
- Pyrex glass tank tube.
- Liquid capacity: 5ml. or 8ml by using the larger tank section.
- Easy Top-fill.
- Wide bore Cobra acrylic drip tip (not 510 drip tip compatible).
- AFC (Air Flow Control): Two large and fully adjustable air slots.
- Size: diameter 25.5. Height: 63mm (including drip tip and 510 connection).
- Coils included:
- 100% Organic Japanese Cotton.
- Patented V12 P-tank Q4: Quad (4 wire) coil of 0.4 Ohm. (40W-100W) (pre-mounted).
- Patented V12 P-tank T10: Decuple (10 wire) coil of 0.12 Ohm. (60W-120W)
The X-Priv Mod:
The amazingly ergonomic X-Priv 225W is so nice to hold that you will find it hard to set it down.
You will, if you have tried other mods from the Priv series, the size has been a bit reduced, making the X-Priv a very compact and pocket-friendly vape-companion.
On the side you will find the fire button, and it is the same well known design Smok have used many times before, and under the screen to the right you find the adjustments buttons.
One of the things that have been improved sets the X-Priv 225W apart from the other mods in this series, is the large 2" High Definition colour screen, that is brighter and more crisp to look at.
The screen gives you all relevant information about your vape like:
- Battery status for each individual battery.
- How hot your coil is.
- A puff-counter that will help you keep track of your vaping habits. Heck you can even see how long the last puff was!
Some might think it's info-overload but that's the way of the vape in the Information society, my friends.
X-Priv is made of steel and Stainless Steel and has a brilliant gold plated 510 connection pole that is spring loaded and ensures both excellent conductivity and that almost tank sits flush on the box.
At the bottom of the Mod, you'll find a Micro-USB socket that can be used for updating the Firmware of the chip.
This ensures that you'll always have access to the latest features and functions.
The X-Priv has a built-in balancing charger which means you can charge the batteries in the Mod.
Watt and TC:
The X-Priv will go from 1 - 225W in normal power mode. This allows you to use resistances between 0.1 - 2.5 Ohm and should satisfy even a hard core sub ohm-warrior.
You can also choose to let loose in Temperature Control (TC) mode and can then set the heat of your coil/wire between 100°-315°C (200°-600°F) and vape away between 0.05 - 2.0 Ohm.
You set the Wattage from the menu when you choose which wire type you use.
The Mod will also lock your Ohm.
This will happen when you have set the mode according to your wire, mounted a tank and pressed Fire. The X-Priv will ask if it is a new coil, and if you confirm this, the Ohm will be locked.
If you are a true vape-geek you can even set the TCR (Temperature Co-efficient of Resistance) and thereby adjust your vaping-setting with millimetre precision according to your wire.
That's pretty hard core.
TCR (Temperature coefficient of resistance) is a description of how much the resistance (Ohm) of the wire rises when heated.
TCR values for different types of wire to further improve the accuracy of the Mod’s ability to limit and sense an atomizer coil’s temperature.
The X-Priv has 5 power modes in both Wattage and TC mode: Max, Hard, Min, Soft and Norm.
The X-Priv uses two 18650 flat top batteries.
Smok recommends that you use a 30 Amp battery or stronger.
It is very important that you:
Get two new, strong batteries (minimum 30 Amp)
Make sure they are identical (same brand, same mAh and Amp limit).
Only to use them together and at the same time.
Charge them together and at the same time.
The batteries have to be Flat Top.
Note: Smok points out the importance of choosing POWER OFF from the menu when you need to change the batteries in the Mod.
Failure to do so can result in so-called Abnormal Shut-Down that will delete all your settings and data.
Therefore: Always choose Power Off from the menu before changing batteries.
The menu in the X-Priv is quite simple and easy to understand, however, it is a good idea to read the user manual thoroughly.
What you need to know from the get-go is that you enter the menu by pressing the fire button 3 times.
On top of this, the X-Priv has all the safety features you could ever wish for and it even comes with a handy rubber cover that will protect your vape-baby from all the dangers of everyday life.
The TFV12-P tank:
The tank is made of stainless steel and has a pyrex tank the is easily filled from the top.
Unlike former TFV versions, it has a smart lock-function which prevents you from accidentally opening the fill hole (a very nice feature).
The TFV12-P comes with a very stylish acrylic wide bore drip tip with a snake pattern (hence the name Cobra). It fits the look of the tank perfectly.
Note: You cannot use 510 drip tips on the TFV12-P... but that would be like trying to inhale a cheeseburger through a straw anyway.
The tank is a muscle tank that demands plenty of space!
The tank will hold 5ml with the standard tank section, and a massive 8ml if you mount the extended glass.
-and believe us: You will need all the juice capacity you can get with this Bad Boy tank!
Top-fill and AFC:
The TFV12-P features a nice and easy top-fill, with the nice protection from a small locking system.
To fill the tank: Press the small tap on the side of the tank. You can now push the top cap back and get access to the fill holes. When you're done, simply push the cap back in place. The tank then locks automatically.
The AFC (Air Flow Control) is massive as it is required for a muscle tank of this calibre.
The TFV12 has two large air holes in the bottom that if left wide open and will give you an airflow that is equal to trying to suck the Eurotunnel dry in one pull!
-dear mouth-to-lung vapers: This is not the place for you!
World class coils:
The replaceable coils for the TFV12-P are nothing short of amazing.
*Note: You cannot use coils from the earlier models for the TFV12. You need the special TFV12-P coils.
Smok has re-designed the coil structure and patented them in order to give you a vape experience you'll find nowhere else:
The V12 P-Tank Q4 coil has a Quad (4 Wire) vertical coil set-up that will let you vape at 0.4 Ohm.
It will perform best between 60 - 80 Watts.
The V12 P-Tank T10 coil has a Decuple (10 wire) vertical dual coil set-up in 5 separate compartments and will let you vape at 0.12 Ohm.
It will perform best between 80 - 110 Watt.
All the coils have huge juice channels that will ensure a smooth flow even at high Watts and 100% organic Japanese cotton wicks.
Remember: You cannot use these coils for the other tanks in the TFV series.
NOTE: Please ensure that your coil is totally soaked in liquid before you use it. Failure to do so will result in the cotton in the coil dry-burning and will ruin the coil.